With the rainy season here, our office is experiencing an increase in clients calling in to file a claim. More often than not, clients are not getting the needed information at the scene of the accident. Here is what you should and should not do if you are involved in a car crash.
- Always be sure to write down names, addresses, and license numbers of the people involved.
- Notify the authorities immediately.
- Report the crash to your Insurance Company or Agent ASAP.
- Under no circumstances should you admit liability or authorize any type of repairs.
- Do not discuss your accident with anyone other than a representative of your Insurance Company or Law Enforcement.